Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting there...


Even with the minor hiccup ( permits that weren't filed by the landlord ), there is progress. I finally finished the logo on the wall and the cash desk. The cash desk was actually a bar made out of wood from an old fishing boat. I painted it light blue and stained it with a moss green color to give it the look of being taken out of the ocean. I called around looking for a fishnet but they are sooooo expensive ( $80 for the size I was looking for! ) I bought a bunch of cheesecloth to drape from the ceiling and so I used some of it ( dyed it with leftover coffee ) and used the "Stiffy" fabric stiffener to keep the "draping" in place. Then I glued a few sea shells and rhinestones to give it the full effect.












So glad I trusted my husband's instincts when he called me and described this bar he found because it is now the focal point in the store.

4 comments:

dolcechic said...

I love the logo and the cash desk! It all looks great :)

littlebyRD said...

Looking great! How clever you are with the chesse cloth!

design nomad said...

Love love the cash desk. So sorry you had to deal with the permit issue. I'll be coming up to visit soon.

please sir said...

Great touch - getting there indeed!

CO2Stats

Project Ecoart