Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Fab Felting



















I just love this fabulous felted vest over at Atlantis Home.
What a chic way to recycle wool sweaters.
We have our own way of recycling wool sweaters at Revolution Malibu. 
Our beanie design is the most popular. We use all recycled, felted sweaters and recycled leather 
( crosses, skulls, fleur de lis etc... ) and vintage studs.














Everything we do at Revolution Malibu is based on recycling, handmade, eco friendly and local products. I love seeing what others are doing with recycled materials. The Alabama Stitch Book is my favorite source for ideas for recycling t-shirts. Below are some of the designs we have done based on the techniques from the book. Our efforts were even recognized by designer Natalie Chanin who included a picture of our work on her blog.















This is a completely redesigned ( we make our own patterns )recycled t-shirt with reverse applique and vintage studs.

One of my favorite projects is the skirt in the Alabama Stitch Book. I've done a few versions of it including circles, and now skulls...












This the Alabama Chanin version...















This is my version...

Being so close to the beach we have a recycled t-shirt bikini top that's perfect for strolling around town with a pair of cutt-off levi shorts.














Ready to cut it up?



7 comments:

design nomad said...

I'd better get up to see you and get a felted beanie before it gets too warm! You'll see me soon, I promise.

tyler said...

ooo, i have a thing for felt. haven't tried it but fear it would become a major vice! designing my entire living room around a brilliant felt rug from 'peace industry' in sf.

and natalie chanin has been a muse for many years. fantastic work, upcycled, reclaimed, rooted in tradition and uniquely gorgeous design. thanks for sharing.

and thanks for visiting my space today!

please sir said...

I love felting - this look so neat!

Pretty Little World said...

Your blog posts are inspiring me to be craftier...but I'll have to start with something small :)

blue moss said...

i love recycling t's and sweaters....your things look great!

Unknown said...

Loving what you're doing with Alabama Chanin's starting point. I'm doing my own version--we'll have to compare in time. Thanks too, for stopping by my blog!

littlebyrd said...

It is all sooo good! I have heard of the Alabama stitch project but haven't seen the book - I must check that out! Love what you are making and the philosphy behiend it all.


CO2Stats

Project Ecoart