Sunday, June 29, 2008

Back in the day



Ah yes...this is me ( left ) and my homegirl Lana. We have known each other since we were 18 years old. OMG the stuff we used to do...scandalous ;)

We met in 1983 when we bothed worked at Jess Boutique on Beverly Dr. ( Beverly Hills ) for Max Azria. I am sure all of you know BCBG Max Azaria. That was our first boss. This was long before he was BCBG. In fact he was still married to his first wife. So let's be clear - "we knew him when..." - :) We still laugh about how hard he was on us - but hey, look at where he is now. As a matter of fact, when I talk to people in the fashion industry and they hear who I worked for - even at 18 - I've suddenly just earned major "street cred" so the conversation never gets to whether I went to FIDM or not. Everybody in the industry knows how hard Max is to work for. If you were hired by him, you must have something. Well, that's good to know...

Anyway, Lana came out to the Bu and we hung out at Duke's with the hubbies and my daughter Tatum and her boyfriend. Lots of fun talking about the old days and drinking cocktails on the Pacific Ocean.





No comments:


CO2Stats

Project Ecoart

Blog Archive