Wednesday, August 6, 2008

D-o-n-e

I finally finished my second skirt from the Alabama Stitch Book. It feels like ages ago when I started it.

This was a littler pricer to make because of the vintage studs, but well worth it. I also covered the seams edges because I saw how easily they fray when washed.

Just started a long version...this one is going to be fun :)




















Close-up of stitching
















Seam edge...it's on my knee so it's not laying flat.




















Self portrait...where are those kid's when you need them :) ?

5 comments:

dee said...

Oh my gosh, how talented are you?! Thank you so much for adding me to your blog roll. Doing the same for you now:)

design nomad said...

Love your rock and roll couture style, hope there will be some of these at the new shop. That skirt is beautiful, you must have lots of patience to have made that!

getfitover40.tv said...

Opening new worlds to me! Beautiful!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

wow! this is great--nice work!

blue moss said...

your skirt looks great--fabulous job!! that's something i have wanted to do for a long time,but....so impressive!!


CO2Stats

Project Ecoart