Saturday, August 2, 2008

retail, re-do, re-thought












































Beach Bungalow 8 gets the credit for introducing us to the Surf Lodge and for giving me wonderful inspiration for our new retail space in Malibu.
These pics definitely made me re-think my retail re-do. I think I may want it to be a little more simpler in terms of decor, plenty of texture and lots of laid back beach vibe.
I just looooooove these pics. The Julian Schnabel book made me realize that simple will be better because I do want gallery space. Something I wasn't originally considering.
I dig. Don't you?

3 comments:

design nomad said...

I agree and really dig the look of the Surf Lodge. Simple and clean is going to make your retail product pop, especially if you are including gallery space within the store. Can't wait to see the shop!

Brooke Ahana Bailey said...

I want you to have Gallery space too! I'm looking for lovely venues for my paintings and jewelry and will certainly be looking you upon upon my return from Telluride.

dee said...

Definitely dig. This place looks like heaven.


CO2Stats

Project Ecoart