Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Design Time

It's time to take the design of our new retail space seriously since we have dotted the i's and crossed the t's.

The guys over at Clout have inspired a more "grunge beach" look with concrete floors, recycled wood siding accents from old Malibu beach homes and pulley style clothing racks. Very green and very creative.

We need a little more chic in our "grunge beach" look at Revolution Malibu so this picture is my starting point.


















Please forgive me for not remembering where I found this picture.
If any one knows please comment or email me so I can give credit where credit is due.


The color on the wall is a little dark for me, but it's the vibe I'm going for. I want a smooth textured plaster on the walls. American Clay makes an eco friendly plaster that's really easy to use. They have wonderful colors to choose from.

There are bamboo floors now ( that I really don't dig ), so we need to pull those out and get down to the concrete... we'll also give the concrete a little buff to make it look good.

Check out the wood on the wall( is that wood or maybe metal ? ). I want displays made out of the recycled wood similar to that and what Clout used in their space.

There is a wall that separates the front of the store from the back office - which will now become a studio space. Check out this pic ( below, via California Magazine ) of this fab table that these surfers use in their workshop.I want a couple of those for sure.




















I need organization back in the studio for all of the art I use in my Project Ecoart line so I found these drawers that architects use. They are perfect and very industrial looking ( pic via L.A. Magazine ).



Now I need some really good ideas fro dressing rooms. Any good ideas out there?

4 comments:

please sir said...

Oh I love this - I can't wait to see the final results! Probably seems likes lots of work, but how exciting - and in the end it will be amazing!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

sounds so exciting, im real happy for you : )
I have always liked dressing rooms that had cool wallpaper and thick curtains...! I'd have to know more about everything that would be in your store in order to suggest any colors and styles etc...



Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Mrs.French said...

you had better promise to post photos of the finished project! I am dying!

Bonbon Oiseau said...

love the ceiling!! hmm..dressing rooms---will think about it...


CO2Stats

Project Ecoart