I am obsessed with creating a recycled couture collection of my own. Just for me to wear. My sickness began about a year ago while I was researching what kind of clothing line to do for Revolution Malibu ( still in progress - slowly moving forward ). Many of you have seen my skull t's and my vintage rock n roll t's. They were inspired by the pics above that I found while researching the pioneers of recycled couture "Project Alabama " ( the original company started by Natalie Chanin - not the company that exists today ). You must read this article , as it is not only creatively inspiring, but business wise too. The details on how this company began are amazing, and how fashion forward Natalie was to incorporate recycling t-shirts into couture back in '02 is mind boggling to me. Even more shocking is that Barney's retailed these t-shirts for $400 a piece! Truly, they were works of art and definitely worth it, more so I am just marveled at the brilliance of it all. Pardon me, while I wipe the drool from my face :)
- Sewing circle chic
- Consider yourself displayed
- More inspiration
- Malibu ( Beach ) Americana
- The basketball diaries...
- Swappin stitches
- The road less traveled
- It's a "Good Day L.A." when...
- Surf Blue. Live Green.
- Close encounters of the Courtney Love kind
- Malibu beach bunny style
- As promised...a piece of Pam
- Lessons in fashion and lessons in life
- If only the lounge chair could talk...
- 100 times better - and my 100th post!!!!
- Heavenly home stuff...
- Blame it on Rio
- More than words can say
- This friendship will last forever
- Bon Bon Oiseau est ci bon!
- The many faces of me
- Project Ecoart has a new home
- Last year
- Boho and back
- I apologize in advance
- As you already know by now...
- Hair raising at any age....
- Go Frost yourself
- Beach stone buttons....BRILLIANT
- Can Carrie's outfit inspire recycled couture?
- Wasted...in a good way
- Locals only
- Day three...Much needed rest
- Day two of your Malibu getaway...this should be in...
- Your Malibu vacation begins today!
- Breaking news...studs everywhere!
- Buddist inspires Bijou
- We already know Mick has Mojo
- Coast over to Cote De Texas
- I should own stock in Conde Nast...
- Creative couture
- Loving Lucien...do you think Hilary would?
- Blast from the past
- Jagger knows skulls
- ▼ July (46)