Wednesday, July 9, 2008

As you already know by now...

***update: the link to the article is fixed...










I am obsessed with creating a recycled couture collection of my own. Just for me to wear. My sickness began about a year ago while I was researching what kind of clothing line to do for Revolution Malibu ( still in progress - slowly moving forward ). Many of you have seen my skull t's and my vintage rock n roll t's. They were inspired by the pics above that I found while researching the pioneers of recycled couture "Project Alabama " ( the original company started by Natalie Chanin - not the company that exists today ). You must read this article , as it is not only creatively inspiring, but business wise too. The details on how this company began are amazing, and how fashion forward Natalie was to incorporate recycling t-shirts into couture back in '02 is mind boggling to me. Even more shocking is that Barney's retailed these t-shirts for $400 a piece! Truly, they were works of art and definitely worth it, more so I am just marveled at the brilliance of it all. Pardon me, while I wipe the drool from my face :)

6 comments:

Bonbon Oiseau said...

these are beautiful--and i love your blog-found via bliss...but the link to the incredible article--it didn't link! can you link again? i'm dying now to read it
!
thanks! deb

Megan Coyle said...

wow, those shirts are wonderful

Mrs.French said...

so, so worth it! I want all of them!

Regardez Moi said...

those pieces are beautiful! i really love them. and your blog :) thanks so much for stopping by mine!!!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

I really like the last one...! so cute.

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Bonbon Oiseau said...

thanks!


CO2Stats

Project Ecoart