I've been wanting to make the wrap from the Alabama Stitch Book for a while know, but the circle skirt is turning into a labor intensive piece ( I thought the last skirt was - now I know why Alabama Chanin charges $1400 for it ). So I may have to throw in this quickie project in so I can wear it on the fourth of July. I am torn between using my skulls or Jimi Hendrix. Can someone help me decide?
Alabama Chanin Shawl
My skulls design ( on my daughter Tatum )
My Jimi Hendrix t-shirt
Since I use stencils ( no silk screening ), I can position the image anyway I want. For the skulls my ideas were to position the big skull on it's side so when the wrap is thrown over the shoulder, it would appear in the right direction. The three skulls would be right side up on the other side, and would drape down the front of the chest. Of course I would applique the red flowers on both sides.
As for the Jimi Hendrix, I was going to position him so part of his fro' was cut off, about 3/4's of the image on the side that gets thrown over the shoulder. I am still wondering what else to do with him. I dig the Hendrix...just have a bit of a block on how to finish.
Help me out K?
- Sewing circle chic
- Consider yourself displayed
- More inspiration
- Malibu ( Beach ) Americana
- The basketball diaries...
- Swappin stitches
- The road less traveled
- It's a "Good Day L.A." when...
- Surf Blue. Live Green.
- Close encounters of the Courtney Love kind
- Malibu beach bunny style
- As promised...a piece of Pam
- Lessons in fashion and lessons in life
- If only the lounge chair could talk...
- 100 times better - and my 100th post!!!!
- Heavenly home stuff...
- Blame it on Rio
- More than words can say
- This friendship will last forever
- Bon Bon Oiseau est ci bon!
- The many faces of me
- Project Ecoart has a new home
- Last year
- Boho and back
- I apologize in advance
- As you already know by now...
- Hair raising at any age....
- Go Frost yourself
- Beach stone buttons....BRILLIANT
- Can Carrie's outfit inspire recycled couture?
- Wasted...in a good way
- Locals only
- Day three...Much needed rest
- Day two of your Malibu getaway...this should be in...
- Your Malibu vacation begins today!
- Breaking news...studs everywhere!
- Buddist inspires Bijou
- We already know Mick has Mojo
- Coast over to Cote De Texas
- I should own stock in Conde Nast...
- Creative couture
- Loving Lucien...do you think Hilary would?
- Blast from the past
- Jagger knows skulls
- ▼ July (46)