re-edited July 4th at 5:44 a.m.
I thought it would be fun to take you guys on my "staycation". We're vacationing in our own backyard this holiday weekend. Can you beat the holiday weekend in Malibu? Well, maybe you can but I am still in love with, and in awe of this great little rural town ( yes, it is rural ).
I spent the day getting what I needed to last the weekend. Following the "quintessential beach bunny" program was not as simple as I thought it would be. I went to the local CVS looking for the Bain De Soleil and guess what? They didn't have it! What the hell? I was in shock. Where does Pam get it? CVS is the only drug store in town! Oh well, I went for the next best thing - Hawaiian Tropics. My mom used to use it - which brings back fond memories of when we used to go to Zuma beach on the weeekends as kids ( Come to think of it she used Bain De Soleil too ).
I chose to forgo the expensive version of the make-up essentials Pam uses and bought another classic - Great Lash mascara - waterproof of course. Although Mac is close by, I can't find a way to justify paying the twice the money. Pam get's hers for free so cost is not part of her primping. You go girl.
Everything on my list is checked off. Beach chairs. Check. Rolling cooler. Check. Tequila. Check. You get the picture. Let the party begin!
Welcome to Malibu!
First we stopped at Malibu Country Mart. I needed a pick me up and a grande green tea lemonade combo ( no sweetner ) sounded very refreshing. Window shopping at Shabby Chic, Free City and Juicy Couture. While I was there I saw a bright yellow Lamborghini. Do you think this guy wanted to get noticed or what? Beautiful car. I see outrageously expensive cars here all the time - but they still never lose the "wow" factor.
Starbucks and Juicy ( inside Juicy painted on the wall is "Live To Surf " )
Pretty Lambo on the way out to sushi...time for cocktails! We'll catch up the morning!
- Sewing circle chic
- Consider yourself displayed
- More inspiration
- Malibu ( Beach ) Americana
- The basketball diaries...
- Swappin stitches
- The road less traveled
- It's a "Good Day L.A." when...
- Surf Blue. Live Green.
- Close encounters of the Courtney Love kind
- Malibu beach bunny style
- As promised...a piece of Pam
- Lessons in fashion and lessons in life
- If only the lounge chair could talk...
- 100 times better - and my 100th post!!!!
- Heavenly home stuff...
- Blame it on Rio
- More than words can say
- This friendship will last forever
- Bon Bon Oiseau est ci bon!
- The many faces of me
- Project Ecoart has a new home
- Last year
- Boho and back
- I apologize in advance
- As you already know by now...
- Hair raising at any age....
- Go Frost yourself
- Beach stone buttons....BRILLIANT
- Can Carrie's outfit inspire recycled couture?
- Wasted...in a good way
- Locals only
- Day three...Much needed rest
- Day two of your Malibu getaway...this should be in...
- Your Malibu vacation begins today!
- Breaking news...studs everywhere!
- Buddist inspires Bijou
- We already know Mick has Mojo
- Coast over to Cote De Texas
- I should own stock in Conde Nast...
- Creative couture
- Loving Lucien...do you think Hilary would?
- Blast from the past
- Jagger knows skulls
- ▼ July (46)